Great question. Here is our monthly budget:
- Rent 10,000/mxn
- Utilities 500/mxn
- Dog Food 4,000/mxn
- Dog Yard Cleaning 2,000/mxn
- Sterilizations/Vaccintations 2,000/mxn
- Flea/Tick and Worm/Parasite Control 4,000/mxn
- Required grooming 1,000/mxn
What your donations DO NOT pay for:
- Admin Salaries (I am the only one who “works” at the shelter, and I take nothing)
- No reimburement for gas/transportation (25o/mxn per trip when my car is unavailable, as it has been August – December)
- No reimbursement for time for daily trips to the shelter to feed, water, provide love and attention, to introduce dogs to potential adopters
- No reimbursement for emergency medical treatment (for me) for dog bites, stitches, parasites, and worse (you don’t really want to know).
- No reimbursment for dog kennels, dog houses, crates, beds, waterers, feeders, pens, leashes, collars,medical supplies, and so much more that I’ve personally purchased.